Douglas County is home to some of the finest horse properties in Colorado. While the region has been seeing growth in towns and cities like Parker, Castle Pines, Castle Rock, and Highlands Ranch, much of the area remains horse country.
Ranch properties, equestrian estates, stables – you’ll find them all here, and more. Whether you want to run your own ranch or you just need to house a couple of horses, the county is perfect for your needs.
Features and amenities
Buyers will find horse properties with main houses, fencing, outbuildings, stables, pasture for grazing, and more. Many of these properties are set against the county’s stunning backdrop and look out on panoramic views of the Front Range.
Equestrian communities often have shared facilities that residents can use to keep, train, and ride their horses.
One of Colorado’s most prestigious equestrian communities, Bell Mountain Ranch, is located in Castle Rock. The neighborhood has been a working ranch for nearly 150 years.It has over 300 custom home sites and a wide selection of horse properties ranging in size from five to 12 acres, some of which have been privately zoned for horses. Residents have access to trails for walking and horseback riding.
Grandview Estates in Parker is another highly regarded equestrian community, with residents making a conscious effort to preserve and promote the rural lifestyle they enjoy. Here you’ll find spacious houses with all the features you’d expect in a modern home.
Horse lovers will find several equestrian facilities throughout Douglas County, including:
- Bell Mountain Ranch Equestrian Center (Castle Rock)
- Winsome Farms (Castle Rock)
- WZ Ranch (Larkspur)
- Double T Stables (Parker)
Looking for horse property in Parker, CO and the surrounding areas? Randa & Co. Properties would be happy to assist you. Call us at 720-643-5834 or send an email to Jodi(at)RandaCoProperties(dotted)com.
Why invest in horse properties?
- Recreation – Most buyers who purchase horse properties already own one or more horses that they keep at an equestrian facility. Owning an equestrian property lets you raise and care for horses within the vicinity of your home.
This lets you pursue your passion for horses and horseback riding, allowing you to do more of what you enjoy. It also allows you to share your love of horses with your family.
- Investment – Horses, and horse properties by extension, are a sound investment. Horses can be raised for breeding or racing, and owning horse property helps you keep your horses happy and healthy.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.